Friday, February 11, 2005

"Keepin' your head above water,
Makin' a wave when you can.
Temporary lay-offs, Good Times,
Easy Credit rip-offs, Good Times.
Ain’t we lucky we got 'em, Good Times.”


Funny how as a middle class white kid I so identified with a poor black family on tv. I still don't even know what grits are. But I loved Florida (the mom), she was one cool lady. The dad used to scare me, though, I always thought his nose looked like an arrow pointing down.

So tomorrow at this time I will probably be pacing around the bathroom at ST. Joe's, waiting to go on stage and do my set of jokes that I have half memorized. Eep. I practiced it in the car on the way home last night, and I have about 18 minutes, but you know when you are up there, the hyper speed kicks in, (along with the dry mouth and the squeaky voice) so it will probably run about 15 mins. I just have to remember to SLLOOOWWW dowwwwnnn.

Ahhh, it's 8:10 and I think Sam is still wearing the clothes he wore yesterday. We had the dress rehearsal for the Valentines show at churchola last night. Went pretty good. It's all 80's songs, which get stuck in your head and make for some wierd high school dreams at night. Can anyone tell me what movie had the song, Total Eclipse of the Heart in it? Need to know.

ARgh. The yelling and the screaming and the chasing is going on down there. B.L.E.C.H. Why can't we all just get along, even when one person got Godzilla toys in the mail from ebay and the other person really really really really really really wants them?

Ciao.
A.

4 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the song from whatever the show was with George as the husband? Or was it Good times? Whatever - never knew the words before! Cool! Good luck on the humour gig. No doubt, you'll bring down the house - or hospital?
Ang

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Ahhh..yes. Post-valentine party practice Song Repetition Syndrome (PVPPSRS). ;) As Jason will attest, I've so been there. ;) One year I thought it might be possible that I would die of a brain implosion after Day 4 of "You're the One That I Want" cycling through my conciousness (oooh oooh oooh honey).

Have fun with the Valentine's show and let us know how you're comedy debut goes too!

OH, and Total Eclipse of the Heart was in "Bandits" and more recently "Old School". :)

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Amy said...

The song was from "Good Times". And thanks for the well wishes gals. It's not my comedy debut but an all new material set, which is almost worse.
Oh well, by this time tomorrow I will be footloose and fancy free.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

Hey Aim,
Heard you rocked the house...good set and Trace said perfect timing good job!! can't wait to see the tape...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home