Friday, May 19, 2006

Kids! They Make You Laugh.

The other day I went to Costco with Monty. I was pleased with myself, for I only bought food items, because usually I go to Costco with the intention of getting food, but somehow end up with a book, a huge package of gel pens and a pair of capris too. This time I restrained myself. (Okay, I did buy one pair of capris for $13.99.) But the rest was food! And food is essential!

Whew. Okay. So I am driving home and Monty starts talking in the back seat. He says,

"I'n a Mama, mommy."

"That's nice, honey."

"No, mommy! I'n a big fat mama."

"Monty. It's not nice to say fat."

"But I am! I'n a big fat mama. Look."

"What?"

"Look at me, mommy! Like the video store!"

"Video store? What about the video store?"

"I'm a big fat mama like the video store. LOOK!"

So I look.

Scroll down to see what I saw in my rear view mirror.






Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My triple package of hot dogs, on his head. Like the curlers on Big Momma's hair on the video poster for "Big Momma's House".

I almost drove off the road, I laughed so hard.

What a kid.

A.

21 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Lee said...

that's hysterical!!!!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

that one's a keeper.
definitely.

happy friday.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

Hilarious! Sounds like he's following in his Mama's footsteps, with the comedy. hee.

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is absolutely the BEST! Kids are great!!
Have a great long weekend!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger hemlock said...

Who knew that weiners could be such a great accessory?

Hemlock
The Ramble Room.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Kami said...

I think he'll be doing comedy like someone else we know.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger The Q said...

Hmmm, I wonder where he gets that awesome sense of humor?!? ;-)

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Sharkey said...

Hilarious! I like the re-enactment photo.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Me said...

LOL... OMG I forgot that I used to do that as a kid too. I completely forgot about that for the last, oh, 25 years? THANK YOU for the memory.

Too funny. :)

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hee! That's SO funny! I love it when they totally take you (me) off guard... :)

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

That is tooo adorable.. I would have laughed my head off as well :) Kids just keep it real.. its refreshing :)

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I almost drove off my chair :)

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said...

good one! Thanks for sharing it with us! He was a good sport to re-enact (not that I think you had to bribe him!)

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger H said...

Lol - too funny
Helene http://hlb.blogspot.com

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

Now that's creativity!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hey, Amy, send me your email address? I know I had it, but it's missing :( Thanks. whatwasit@comcast.net

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger lawbrat said...

OMG! How did you manage to STAY on the road? He is too cute.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Vajana said...

oh now that is hysterical.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

Wouldja look at the gorgous eyes on that boy?! Never mind the Big Momma "hair", just look at those eyes!!!!! How do you ever deny the child anything??! Oh wait, he's probably as well-behaved as he is funny, so you probably don't have that problem, eh? ;)

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger kalki said...

Kids with a smart sense of humor are The BEST!

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is HILARIOUS.

It's moments like this that keep you from burying them in the backyard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home