Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Lovely To Look At, Delightful To Hear, and Heaven to Know

Happy Valentines Day!

I love old valentines. Here's one.

Image hosting by Photobucket

When I was little I loved
Erik Estrada,
Michael Jackson,
Luke Duke.

When I got bigger I loved
George Michael,
Simon LeBon,
Gene Kelly,
Judd Nelson. (Remember how he smoldered in The Breakfast Club?)
Jay.

In my twenties, I had crushes on
Steven Tyler,
Grant Show (Jake from Melrose)
Sam (my big boy),
Michael Flatley (I know, huh?),

In my thirties the winners are
Monty, Lucy, my dad, my momma, Jay, Sam, my sibs, my friends, my family, even my in-laws.
And my bloggers. And myself, most days.

So consider yourself smooched. I have found that the more open my heart, the easier it is for love, and life, and good things, to flow back in.

A.

11 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Amy, you are truly the bomb diggity, girl. Consider yourself smooched as well.

I needed to read that last paragraph of yours today. May we all try to be that way. :)

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Sharkey said...

I have to say that the monkey on the valentine creeps me out a little bit. But the sentiment is definitely there.

Happy Valentine's Day!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

That was just lovely, Amy.

I smooch you back.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG.

Judd Nelson and his flared nostrils.

Color me in love...

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

smooches right back atcha! Happy Sappy Day to you and yours!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger lawbrat said...

I see that Bucky hasent see this Valentines, with the monkey on it.

Very nice, we've had some, ok most, of the same loves! Funny how they change as you grow.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger lawbrat said...

Oh, I like how the title mostly matches your 'loves'. That is very precious, especially the 'Heaven to know'.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger kalki said...

This is lovely. And I just adore your son and the shoveling valentine he gave you! He's a heart-melter, that kid. What a darling.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Vajana said...

love this post, smooch right back at ya!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Oh, so late, but so glad I made it over here for this lovin'.

I LOVE the Valentine, and the post. A song for you, by Mr. Greenjeans (of Captain Kangaroo fame):

Love is something if you give it away,
Give it away
Give it away

Love is something if you give it away,
You'll end up having more.

It's just like a magic penny
Hold it tight and you won't have any
But if you lend it, spend it
You'll have so many
They'll roll all over the floor!

Love is something if you give it away,
You'll end up having more!


Thank ya. Thank ya ver'much. ;)

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Awww that's so sweet! Smooch back!

Oh my goodness how I loved the smoldering Judd Nelson in Breakfast Club. LOVED.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home