Thursday, February 02, 2006

Flashback

Got a hold of some old pictures that I had never seen before. This one is a gem from my dancing days. I was (ahem) nineteen. I had been taking dancing for two years. I wanted to take dancing since I was teeny but it never happened. With four kids in our house, probably tap and jazz weren't a big priority eh. So when I got my first part time job (besides babysitting) at seventeen the first thing I did with my first paycheque was walk into a dance studio and plunk down money for lessons. I loved it. I took it all. Jazz, tap, ballet, musical comedy. I went hard and heavy for two years, then once I started university I quit.
Here is moi in "Take Back Your Mink". I am the shortest one with the blonde wig, I did the lead part. Geez, I had fun. And do you notice the ENTHUSIASM of my leg! I was getting my money's worth, by george! I was giving it my ALL!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Oh, for a pint of that energy. A quarter cup, even.
A.

14 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Kami said...

WHOA!!!!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

check you out! I can see the attahtude of a hottie! wowzers! I'm gunna call you twinkle toes from now on, k?

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger lawbrat said...

Wow! You go girl!

As for the energy, having kids takes away your energy. It just hasent been proven yet.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger kalki said...

You are HOT, woman! Totally fabulous.

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl is right! Check out them shiny stems! I wish I could go back to the days when I had energy! I feel your exhaustion!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Amy, you are truly adorable! Really! I love that you were giving it your all! :)

As for the energy, I think we give that to our kids during childbirth. :)

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

whoa baby!

so cool!

at least you still have the attitude.

Right?

And wouldn't the hubs like that blonde wig???????hmmmmmm

happy weekend.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Judypatooote said...

Wow, nice job Amy.....you should try it again......I danced between the ages of 4 and 10 and now I'm 65 and at it again....it really is fun.....and we have all ages in our dance group.....from 27 to 78 so it is a dancing world....I've got the music in me, and maybe you do to.....I love the leg.....you had spirit....i can see it.....

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

Oh wow! You are too cool! I'm going to try that kick in just a minute. I hope I don't hurt myself.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

Sweeeeeeeet! Ah..... theatre!! You look mahvelous, dahling!! And your leg deserved the lead role!!!!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Vajana said...

look at you and that kick!! You are looking amazing...and yes, the wig should be resurrected for hubby...ha!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

I am totally imagining that this is what Kalki is like during her yoga class.

HA! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I totally know exactly how you were feeling. I wanted to take dance all my life and didn't get to till I was in college...and then I was GREAT at it. Ballroom actually. You look so cute and enthusiastic!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG you hottie!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home