Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Flotsam and Jetsam

An eyelash scarf looks like this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And I am sort of keeping my new years ideas!
I cleaned today. AND I did a 20 minute Pilates workout. AND I bought my MIL a year pass to our local rec centre, along with one for our whole family. How great, that for $130 bucks, we can swim everyday for a year if we were so inclined. Plus they have open gym nights (Jay and Sam went tonight and played basketball and soccer.) And other neat things. For 130 bucks a year!!

The pilates hurt me. I did it and I was all, 'this ain't no big thing, it's almost TOO easy.' Then within an hour I felt such fatigue in my muskels! Whoo hoo!

Before I get too annoying I will stop and say that I also had um, four big chocolate chip cookies as a little mid afternoon snack. So I kind of had to do the pilates.

I am reading "The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency". And it is totally great.
I saw "Memoirs of a Geisha" on friday night. And I really quite enjoyed it.

I made peanut chicken stir fry for dinner tonight. And it was yum. The kids loved it, with the rice stick noodles.

I am having another of my Girls Night Out parties in Feb. Stocking up on goodies. Fun.

I am registering for a course that starts tomorrow night. Not sure which one it will be yet! Nothin like the last minute, Aim!

I am outta here. Must sit. And watch something on TV. Now.

A.

16 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger c said...

Go you!

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

Peanut chicken stirfry sounds yummy. I should try that. Or just go out. But it sounds really good, especially if it's spicy. :)

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Judypatooote said...

Sometimes we have to sneak a cookie or two.....my thiery (sp?) is eat them and get them out of the way...

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

Okay, so it's not a teeny-tiny scarf to keep your eyelashes warm. Good to know.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger harvestfound said...

love that scarf - would look fab with that lovely cerise coat with the fur trim you got last year?

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm. So it's not a scarf made out of eyelashes?

Good for you for keeping your resolutions! :) Y

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

you're making me feel lazy and uninspired.

geez.

glad you've jumped into the new year.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Leska McCall said...

Feel so inadequate right now....
The stir fry sounds fab, maybe we'll have that for dinner. Good luck with the course!

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

Hey, I thought I was the one being mysterious today... but, registering for a class you haven't selected yet tops all the mystery in my life right now, so I guess YOU'RE the mysterious one today, afterall. *whew*

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Cat said...

Loving the scarfy thingy! And strangely, totally craving some chocolate ship cookies...

Pilates HURTS ME. My core, it is WEAK.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger lawbrat said...

Wow! lots of stuff goin' on. I've never tried pilates. Too chicken.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger karla said...

Pilates is so sneaky. You're right--it feels like no big deal while you're doing it, and the next day you're in traction. And then! Doing it AGAIN while you're in pain from the first time--argh.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger kalki said...

Rock on, girl!

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, well good for you on all the accomplishments and stuff! About the course..please leave me out of the course choices this time..I so feel bad about the last suggestion I made.
Email early about the date in Feb so I can make sure I can go this time and I'll bring my Aimee.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The secret to pilates is to keep doing it regularly. Then it seems like cake. The first time always sucks, and the next time you are amazed at how much stronger you seem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home