Friday, January 06, 2006

Resolute

So not making resolutions this year. Or even goals. I just have some loose ideas, if you will, for things to maybe improve on and maybe just leave alone.

Can I be any more afraid of failure?

Idea One.
Physical Movement Increase. I am not a sportsy mom. I don't jump up and say, "Let's all go swimming/skating/walking/to the park!" much. I do like half zip fleeces and nice running shoes. And I could totally do a day of pictures in the park, posing out with the kids, looking athletic and prettily flushed. But as a rule, I am not real active. I find my life is all about having to get off my arse when I don't want to anyway.
But I think I need to give a little bit more to up the physical ante. For ma famille. And it will hurt. So that is one idea.

Idea Two.
(Don't you love how I am doing this on Jan 6 when everyone else did it Dec 31 or Jan 1?)
General Tidiness Increase.
I struggle with keeping up with the house on a daily (nay, minute-ly) basis. I know lots of you will say, 'oh my house is a mess too, whatareyagonnado.' But truth be told. I have friends who say this too, and their houses are across the board always tidier than mine on any given day. You guys know who you are. And yer killin me.
So I need to figure out how to maintain better. Because I am a little tired of this resolution/idea.

Idea Three.
Greater Good Input.
This one I am not so afeared of. I resolve to help more people. However they need it. To not be such a bitch when my MIL takes too long at the grocery store and I have to wait in the car. To lend a hand when I can, and even when I think I can't. To give more. To say, "Yes. No Problem. How can I help you with that? What can I do? Where do you need me to be? How are you?"

And that's about it. I also want to grow out my nails and pay my bills on time and be more patient with my kids and bring a little more romance to my marriage and eat more vegetables and have less back pain and finish my BA and do more stand up comedy and be generally more stylish in the everyday and crochet an eyelash scarf and stop squeezing my pimples and put laundry away faster and go to my parents house more often and spend less money and a million other things. But, you know.

Happy January 6! It's Epiphany!

A.

11 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger LadyBug said...

Wait.

An eyelash scarf? What the heck is that?

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HaHa, well Ladybug, that was my question as well!! Eyelash Scarf??

Amy, you need to come to my house that is always in chaos and has at minimum one late payment notice in the mailbox a week! I can attest to needing to do all those things you think about and more but it's too painful to think about! AND truth be told those that love you care not about whether you have a clean house or tons of money!

Happy New Year my friend!!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

I made my list of resolutions, but have amended to just this one:
Better.
I'm going to be me, but better. In all aspects, I will strive to be better.
Now that, I can do.

Good luck kid.

Da Pup

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger c said...

I'm all over those first three, and several of that paragraph, too.

I'm totally with you on the messy house thing. I get SO irritated when I go to a neighbor's house and she says, "Oh, excuse the mess!" when clearly there IS NO MESS and then people come to my house and there are dishes on the COUNTER and the baseboards are filthy and there are little hair/dustballs EVERYWHERE. Oh, and the toys. Let's not forget about the toys strewn across every bit of available floor space.

*sigh*

Let's figure this out together!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Leska McCall said...

On the counter? Sweetheart, still on the TABLE.... So with you on that. good luck to us all. Our kids won't remember the clean kitchen, but will remember the fun mom.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

Yes, do more standup comedy. I saw your video and you're hilarious. :)

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Judypatooote said...

That is quite a list.....i just made 2 resol...and i already screwed up.....1. was to learn to eat healthy (I just finished 2 cookies, large ones) and 2. to excercise....haven't done it yet today.....

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger eclectic said...

Holy Crap, Batgirl! You just hit every area where I feel inadequate my own self, except the activity one. I probably spend an inordinate amount of time each day being active... to the detriment of ALL of the other things you mentioned. I'm hoping to find a better balance this year. But this post convinces me more than ever that you and I are kindred spirits in many, many ways. And I can't tell you how comforting that is to me!!!! Thank you!!

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger lawbrat said...

Physical Movement Increase. AMEN Sista!

I like the 'no resolution' resolution. Brilliant!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Now how do you like that? All your "ideas" are the same as mine. You know, if I actually did decide to do something like this...

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger harvestfound said...

oh yeah aim. i'm with you - especially the "general tidiness increase" - so hard but worth the trying.
i like the idea of epiphany resolutions - more time to think about what to resolve, not under the influence of alcohol, time to let the dust settle from the holidays and think about what you really want to do. you may start a trend here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home