Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Stupendo Weekendo.

A great time was had on the weekend in Saratoga Springs. For one, Saratoga Springs is quite the awesome little town, lots of neat shops and restaurants and very quaint yet, cool.

For two, our hotel (http://saratogaarms.com/) was a honey of an O. It was this sixteen room concierge hotel, very Victorian, almost like an elegant old B&B, high ceilings, four poster bed, drawing room downstairs, and huge windows with fancy curtains everywhere. Really, the nicest place I have ever stayed at. I have only been to like, regular hotels where the pictures on the wall are nailed down and the kleenex is in a stainless steel box attached to the wall. I felt like I was in the movie Gosford Park, except nobody got murdered.

For three, the conference was great! We saw lots of different speakers, from Yakov Smirnoff to Ahmed Ahmed (http://www.ahmed-ahmed.com/) to a nun to a guitar playing motivator named Jana Stanfield. Good range of stuff going on, lots of material to use in our own presentations. I would definitely go again. (ESpecially if we stayed at the same hotel!)

I even relaxed about leaving the bairns! They were totally fine. Hubby did great, fed em and took em to the park and bathed em and kept the house cleaner than me. (Hmmph.) They were sound asleep all snug in their beds when I got home around 9 on Sunday night. I kinda tried to poke em a little to wake them up so they could know it was me and hi and remember I am your mommy didn't cha miss me.

It was good to get away. Yesterday I just felt quite relaxed and the things that get my blood a boilin didnt seem to bother me as much. This morning, however, with Sam playing Mr Crawley at number 10 on the cd player and monty doing his own wild interpretive dance to Mr. C. on the dining room table, did snap me out of my post weekend calmness. But noone got hurt, everyone ate their instant oatmeal, and Sam caught the bus. So we are nine for ten so far. Nine because Sam had a copy of his Ozzy song on a cd that he needs for music class at school, which got BROKEN in half this morning. So I need to figure out how to get it on another cd (hopefully I HAVE another cd) and then get it to him at school at lunch time. So there you go.

Alright, well, things to be done around here so I better go.

Ciao now brown cow.

A.

4 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KID ON LAP - SO SCRAP THE PUNCTUATION AND LOWERCASE! GLAD YOU HAD SUCH A GREAT WKND. WHAT IS IT ABOUT HAVING THAT 3RD KID THAT HAS GOT YOUR ENERGY AND CREATIVE BALLOON BURSTING AT THE SEAMS?
ANG

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

I'm SO happy your back and really glad you had a great weekend.

Send me some of that 'relaxed' feeling okay???

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome hotel. I'm glad you had a great weekend. Then back to the daily grind. There is nothing like the daily grind.

lawbrat

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Fiordistella said...

I wrote the words of Lucy's song and I came into your blog. You're great. I live in Belgium (Europe), but I'm Italian. We love the same songs...that's funny isn't it?!?
I have two children and I love them.
It was great to meet you.
Ciao

 

Post a Comment

<< Home