Wednesday, April 06, 2005

My Little Ronald McDonald.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Man, that's some bright hair, eh? I do like the colours of this picture though. And you just gotta love the leopard shirt with the red velvet ribbon around the cuffs. THIS is why I was waiting for the girl. (She also wore red old navy flare pants with calf high black boots underneath. In case anyone was wondering.)

Right now though, Ronald is crying and whining and was following me around the house with the boo hoo's on repeat random shuffle play. Who knows whatsa problem. Just practicing being two, I guess. It will happen in a few months, so she is brushing up on her skills.

Jay has his final exam tonight, which means I will have at least two wednesdays with him HOME on the RANGE where the DEAR LITTLE RONALD McLUCY WHINES. HOld on.

Okay. Got her a couple of toys. I have three minutes, tops.

I am going back, back to the cosy movie theatre last week, sitting beside Jay. Back to the first wonderful van ride with the kids APART from each other in their seats. Back to those first few weeks with Lucy as a newborn, tucked into the crook of my arm, sleeping with me. Back to our vacation at the Delawana, in our little chalet with the lake lapping at the dock and the belgian waffles smothered in whipped cream. Back to when I worked at Copps Coliseum and snuck into an empty seat and watched Neil Young play and sing 'Blowin' in the Wind' and it sounded so clear and beautiful and hopeful, like you could change your whole life if you wanted to. Back to Jay and I as teenagers, sitting up in the highest seats in that coliseum, looking down at the white rectangle of ice and talking about what we wanted to be when we grew up. Back to Mrs Wilkins grade nine english class, on that first gorgeous spring day and she got us to open all the windows, and the warm breeze blew the papers off our desks and we laughed. Back to playing hide and seek on Ashford Blvd at ten years old, out at dusk, hiding alone, crouched on Corrie Tessier's garage roof, holding fast to the rough warm tiles, listening to my heart beating, wishing I could stay there forever...

A.

3 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Practicing being 2. I love. I love the trip down memory lane. Its nice to do that, then you snap back to reality. I'm chuckling as I write this. Being a mom can is the hardest thing anyone can do and also the most rewarding. Time for a trip to Disney Land?

lawbrat

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

That was so awesome! I loved that.

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's really annoying me that my comments keep disappearing from Blogger.

Amy, your daughter is precious. I'm loving her hair!

Mine is practicing, too, but she's 6 months away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home