Saturday, April 16, 2005

Party Time at the Forderers

Last night we had 'people over'. You always hesitate to call it a party before it happens because that sets up these expectations, both to you and the people you invite. You would hate for people to walk in to what they heard was going to be a partay and then there are three people sitting in the living room and one bowl of cheesies between them.

But it was a party! Fun! 27 people not including two babies, one four months and one SIX DAYS OLD WHO I HELD FOR AS LONG AS MY DORMANT UTERUS COULD TAKE. We had a lotta laughs, could not get the 12 ladies outta the kitchen and away from the baked Brie with crackers. And I received four lovely bottles of wine! In hostess gifty bags! Like a real grown up lady! Next thing you know I will be hosting a Tupperware party and wearing culottes and espadrilles!

So yeah, good time had by all. Except my lady lucy woke up just as I was heading off to beddy bye with Kunta Kinte (not a pet name for my very white German husband, I am reading ROOTS.) So I was up with her for a while, the bum.

I wish now that I had taken a few pictures. Kinda forgot. It was such a busy day cleaning and getting ready while trying to keep the three dismantlers from de-cleaning the cleanliness. And then I was hostessing, you know, mingling between groups, introducing people to other people. So I forgot about thuh cameruh. DArn.

And today is totally utterly gorgeous out and I don't have the energy to get out there and enjoy it. I did have the energy to sit on the couch and watch "Enough" with J-Lo and "Dead Man Walking" with Sean Penn. Well, parts of them anyways.

So there you go. Sometimes it is possible to decide on a wednesday that you are going to have a (shh! party) in two days and 27 people come for the fun.

A.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger Christy said...

The comments on your blog have been on the brink....Grr...Guess it takes a party to bring them out.

Does the Hyatt Regency know you take photos of their powder rooms and try to pass them off as the bathroom?

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Me- It will happen when you least expect it. Have patience, young grasshopper.

Christy- Well aren't you nice? I totally went on the Hyatt R. website and I am very flattered. That is my REAL bathroom!

Jason- Geez, don't fight for a babysitter, you could get hurt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home