Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Day Three of Jay home late.

Blecheroo. Tonight is night class for Papa Forderer. I keep looking at the clock. Seven fifteen means I can legitimately put Monty down. Then Lula at eight-thirty. Then Sam at nine.

Then me. On the couch. Like a slug.

I think I may watch "Ray" tonight. I can't believe I am so unprepared for the Academy Awards this year. Usually I make it my job to see most of the best pictures. I think I have actually gone to maybe three movies in the past year. Probably my worst stat since I was like fourteen and didn't have any money for the movies.

When I was eleven I remember going with my big sis Jen and her friend Rosanna D'ariano to the movies. I can't remember which movie we were SUPPOSED to see, because we didn't see that one. We went to see "Little Darlings" with Kristy McNichol and Tatum O'Neill.

I had hardly a clue what they were talking about in that movie. The big 'losing the virginity' contest was completely lost on me. I did (like every other girl on the planet) fall in love with Matt Dillon that day. A one sided romance that lasted at least until The Flamingo Kid.

I kept asking Jen what are they talking about? She shh'd me and told me to watch the movie. After on the bus home I kept asking her questions about the movie. She told me not to worry about it. AND NOT TO TELL MOM WE WENT TO SEE LITTLE DARLINGS. I am pretty sure I kept the secret. Even though my lack of knowledge burned a hole in my young head.

The hole didn't burn for long, though. A few months later Jen had a copy of the book "Forever" by Judy Blume between her mattresses and I got a hold of that puppy and learned myself all there was to know.

And then some.

Big sisters.... The best source of info if you know how to spy.

A.

5 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger Strizz said...

Ray was wicked good, so was Collateral and some other movie I cant remember the title of.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Christy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Christy said...

You're aging us, Amy dear! I too lost my intellectual virginity to Judy Blume. ;o)

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

I too am totally unprepared for the Academy Awards (like I ever am, really) - but this year? I've been invited to an Academy Awards party?!?! I think I've seen all but, um none of the nominees? well, a couple, but I'm in the dark here. I won't know what the hell's going on.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

hadn't seen you on dooce in the last while, so I thought to look in on ya...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home