Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Well Said.

Image hosting by Photobucket

George Bernard Shaw wrote,

"This is the true joy of life, the being used up for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little cod of ailments and greivances, complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.

I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the community, and as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work, the more I live."

Could not agree with you more, George. And while I can be a selfish little cod sometimes, I can also always strive to not be one.

A.

12 Comments:

At 1:51 AM, Blogger eclectic said...

Funny, beautiful, AND profound. Amy, you're the total package, darlin!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Exactly. George has his shiz goin on!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

fish.
you's a fish....

c'mon... now.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger lawbrat said...

"for the harder I work, the more I live."

Thats my favorite line.

Hugs.

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

Hey Amy-girl! Thanks so much for the MS Walk donation! you rock! grrrr!

Mmmmwah! Annejelynn

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Vajana said...

that's great, I've never heard that before. good inspiration!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

Yeah...that was great. It was so you. Funny, beautiful and profound. JUST LIKE YOU!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Rock on, fish sister! Great message!

Then if not cod...what is like a selfless, caring and optimistic fish? Really...this is going to plague me now.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger harvestfound said...

an angel fish?

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Bente said...

Excellent quote!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Definately a quote worth reading and sharing! Thanks.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger kalki said...

Hi Amy. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home