Friday, April 21, 2006

Wish I could Call In Sick Today

Wahh. But I can't. Because Stay Home Mammas don't have anyone to call in sick to.

The thing is, I am not even sick! I just want an emergency day off for Baby (Frances) and Andie Walsh.

Oh, don't you know them? Well, maybe you know their real names, JENNIFER GREY and MOLLY RINGWALD.
Image hosting by Photobucket

I just read in the paper that BOTH of them are in my town, in two different areas, shooting movies! WAHHHHHHHHHH!
Image hosting by Photobucket

I want to go. I want to get pretty and get in my mini van and drive to these two locations with a pad and paper and my camera and find them. How fun would that be? I could even wear a homemade name tag so I look like I am working on the set. I would so not get in the way of production. I just want to go and watch them. Maybe exchange a few words with them. Tell Jennifer that I saw Dirty Dancing four times in the theatre alone. Tell Molly that I wished and wished I had half her style in PIP. Maybe get a picture or two or fifteen.

Angst. How often does this happen, that both of those gals would be in your town on the same day? Not very, I am guessing.

How horrible would it be to drag three small kids (my own two plus the little guy I am babysitting) around with me, trying to get a glimpse of jen and molly?

Yeah, not gonna do that.

Wish I could call in sick today.

21 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

I am envious beyond belief. Hmmm, are your neighbors nice? Like "can you watch 3 kids for a few hours nice?"

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

See if you can borrow some of the neighbor's patience...

If I lived in your area, I would totally go with you... what? did you think I would watch the kids? ;)

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

I would totally throw the kids in the car and go!!!

"Who want's to go on a road trip today...yeah!!!"

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger The Q said...

It would NOT be horrible at all to drag all three kids along...it'd be GREAT! Seriously...CALL IN SICK!

I want to SEE the pictures that you would take...WAAAAAHHHH

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Leska McCall said...

I would totally take them with me!
My grandmother was in DD, happened to be staying at the resort place while they were shooting the dance sequences.

And I had the biggest girl crush on MR in JH.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger H said...

I didn't know molly ringwal was still acting. hope you did take a sick day

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger kalki said...

Aw man, major bummer! But maybe it's enough, knowing they were so nearby? Yeah okay, totally not enough. :(

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

I wish you had gone and shown up on the set to be told, "you, over here" and end up in their movies - that would be too cool!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is classic. It would be like your grandmother not toting your mother around to catch a glipmse of Elvis if her were in town when she was growing up.

Alright...maybe not, but still. Do it I say. You sex up that mini-van and go for it!

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger eclectic said...

Tee! I didn't know Molly was still in showbiz!!! This is such an educational site, Amy! ;) Aw, I'm sorry you don't get to go play groupie -- bummer!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey doll. Just stopping by to say Hi. I hope all is well with you.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

OMG...drag those brats with you!!

WEAR PINK and DON'T BE PUT INTO A CORNER BABY!!!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Vajana said...

um, you could consider it a field trip for the kids. A learning experience if you will. A Pop culture quiz at the end. They must learn, you know.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Me said...

I wanna call in sick everyday!

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Effie said...

OH WOW!! Are they still in town?? Where??
Did you get a glimpse?

What are they shooting? (OK--a million and one questions here--sorry!)

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, doll! How's it goin? Did you see Molly on Medium the other night? I thought of you... and how much cuter Molly's hair was in that picture on your blog...

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger harvestfound said...

where o' where is my armand today?

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger harvestfound said...

where o' where is my armand today?

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

uh oh - hope you're just busy... how are/were finals?

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

girl, get your post on...I miss you.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger harvestfound said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!!!!!!!!
i wrote you a little something - all the best today - love, jen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home