Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A lil wtf tuesday

Mrtl's thematic suggestions are so great, but I rarely get around to accomplishing them. But not this week! This week I am on le ball.

First off for wtf tuesday is a little item I saw whilst working at the mall a few weeks ago. I enjoyed a little pee-break and then took my sweet time getting back to my booth, because I was working with someone else for a change. I checked out a few shop windows, and stopped at this store, with some pretty things in the window. It was called "Vintage Memories". You know the drill, fancy beaded lampshades and tatted lace linens and lots of dollies with glass heads and baptismal gowns on. All a bit over the top but still fun to look at.

Then I saw the most horrifying thing ever. A monkey doll, fully dressed in ornate Victorian clothing.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I know! WTF, right?!! I stared at the thing and I swear it was trying to send me some secret messages of terror and madness. The poor dolly beside it looked like it had succumbed to the monkey's evil aura. And there was a giraffe, on the floor beside it, that was also fully done up in Victorian garb. Wee-erd. I made the girl I was working with take the above picture with her camera phone, lest I went back the next day and it was gone, having been a strange hallucination brought on by mall air and a not-so-fresh Subway turkey sub.

I will try to get a better picture of it and maybe it's giraffe partner this weekend. Because I don't care if it is the day before the day before Christmas on friday. NOBODY in their RIGHT MIND would buy that thing, especially not as a gift.

So. In other news I threw my back out almost two weeks ago and I am still hobbling around. What a drag. Advil barely takes the edge off. I am going a bit insane because there are pots of things to do around here what with Christmas being FIVE DAYS AWAY and all, and I am good for about a half hour then de pain kicks in. Wah.

Alright, well, I must go. On my hands and knees I shall drag out all the bags of presents in my closet and see what still needs to be bought. Wrapping! ARgh I forgot about wrapping!

Oh well, it could be worse. I could live in the window with that monkey.

a.

13 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

In Victoria's clothes, eh? So I guess now we know what her "Secret" is...!

;)

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Kami said...

Whoa. That is very scary!!!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

"Oh well, it could be worse. I could live in the window with that monkey."

Totally. cracked. me. up.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

yikes!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger harvestfound said...

jeez - what a very scary monkey! imagine unwrapping that!!!!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger The Q said...

WTF indeed. That's just downright scary.

Hope your back gets better soon! What a drag (and I don't mean you with the gifts on the floor on your hands and knees)

Take care!

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

I have to agree that the monkey is very creepy. I'm glad I didn't look at him for too long!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Vajana said...

MY EYES! that is much worse than a sock monkey. Yikes.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

That thing is freaky.

Do NOT sleep with a back brace on...just a helpful hint from yours truly.

I couldn't even get off the pot by myself b/c I expanded my muscles so much from the heat...I know you wanted to picture that, huh!?

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

scariest thing I ever saw.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger LadyBug said...

Just stopping by to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas.

Love and hugs, dear.

God bless,
LadyBug

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger TheStolenOlive said...

No wonder Dubya is so intent on running this world back to the stone age. He misses his Victorian Clothing.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Sergio I. Gajardo Ugás said...

Que buen blog ... un gran saludo desde Chile y visita mi blog www.warketing.blogspot.cl

Sergio Gajardo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home