Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Recappage

So Christmas Eve was a hub of activity, from work at the mall to home getting kids cleaned up and presents wrapped and then driving out to my parents place. Which was real nice. Sam played piano and violin almost the whole time.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And all the little grandkids ran around like fancy little pinballs. Cute.

And then home again to pop them in their beds and then Jay and I power-wrapped till midnight.

They slept till 730 Christmas morn! It was hilarious listening from my warm cosy bed to Sam and Monty running around and shouting with glee about stockings and things under the tree that weren't there the night before.

The biggest hit were the cups I got for Monty and Luca, one Pooh, one Chicken Little. They carried them everywhere.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Note the close up detail of Lucy's first nightgown, made with love by her grandma who should really check into sewing rehab soon. Thanks, mom.

She also made pajamas for Eggbert and Sammy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

These kids did not get out of their pajamas for whole Christmas day.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It was lovely. Jay made an enormous, pajama bursting brunch and we all said grace and tucked in. And for the rest of the day we nibbled on leftover bacon and sausage and Turtles chocolates.

Boxing day we had a nice turkey dinner at my SIL's. Yum.

Fast forward, please, to New Years Eve. Because it was a non eventful, relaxing and quiet week between. Jay had a cold so we didn't get out much. He was off all week and did a real nice job keeping my kitchen tidy. I miss him loading and unloading the dishwasher.

NYE we went out! Whoo hoo! Packed up three little suitcases and carted the kids off to my parents for the night! And went out to dinner with fourteen other people to a gorgeous restaurant!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh, you wanted to know what I wore? No problem.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

See how good a person can clean up when there is only that person to get ready?
Everyone came back to our place afterward, to ring in the new year. It was great.
And now I must go!
Promise I won't wait a whole nother year before blogging again.
A.

9 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Saucy momma. I'd love to go out to a nice fancy restaurant, but I burned all my fancy clothes in the pregnancy.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Vajana said...

Fancy! Don't you love grown up nights!!!

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger kalki said...

The pj photos are my favorite. And you look hot, woman.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger c said...

Oh my god, I LOVE those shoes!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

Wait. What? You left the house without kids?

Tell me more about this miraculous event!!!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

who's the hottie
you's the hottie
The shoes, killer.
thanks for the pix.

the kids in those jammies.
I used to make everyone jammies for christmas...oh I have to start right now for Christmas 06.....
gotta run....

The Pup

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger eclectic said...

Happy New Year! Sounds like you rang it in right.

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

Fun times WITH the kids and without! ;)

Nice shoes!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

woo sexy mama. I'm jealous, my stupid family didn't even stay awake till midnight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home