Thursday, September 02, 2004

Yesterday was full of people.

I had our wed book group people over during the day. And people brought people and it was a full house. 9 moms, EIGHTEEN kids. Yikes, eh? Every room you looked into had four or five kids piled up in one corner. At one point I went up to the living room to see where a bunch of them had gone and there were like nine of them sitting all over the couch. They looked like the meerkats in life of pi, heads all turned in the same direction, sitting almost on top of each other.

It was insane. And as hostess I felt like my head was going to implode. I spent no more than ten minutes in any one place. I was glad that so many ladies had come out but mon dieu.

There were a few hours after that to decompress and then Jola picked me up and we went to book group, which was just lovely. Small group but as always, great convo and yums and a nice night out. And next we are reading The Lovely Bones which I have already read. Fantastic book, and this means I may actually have the next one read by next month, which is The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time. Anyone heard of this one?

We have a wedding to go to this weekend which should be fun. Looking forward to it. Just have to find something to wear! I may have to go shopping.

Listening to Michael Huble's big band version of the Spiderman theme song. It is pretty cool.

Tonights menu in case anyone is chomping at the bit to know is beef enchiladas, which I have never made before.

Talka to ya latah.
A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home